We have been making of lot of our own dog biscuits lately especially now the dehydrator has come back out! Here is how we made our crunchy peanut butter dog biscuits.
This made 44 biscuits and they last up to 2-3 weeks in an air tight container/bag.
– 1 cup very full of plain wholemeal flour
– 1 cup of gluten free white flour
– 1/2 cup of organic smooth peanut butter (best is Meridian as this has no salt added like rest)
– 2 table spoons of honey
– 1 tablespoon of melted organic virgin coconut oil
and 2 medium sized eggs
– Pre heat the over to 170°c / 338°f or gas mark 3.
– Use grease proof paper to line x 3 trays ready to put your biscuits on for going in the oven.
– Mix together all measured ingredients into a large bowl and stir till combined.
Pour sticky bread crumb like texture onto a clean surface, using your hands start to combine together into a dough ball.
If it appears too dry add a few tablespoons of water to combine.
After combined into a dough ball, split into two, for easier rolling.
Use your rolling pin to roll the dough to a thickness about 5mm. Using a cookie cutter, cut out all your shapes. Re roll the dough out to make use of all of it.
Carefully place trays into the oven. Time 8-9 minutes and always keep an eye on them. They will be lighter in colour once cooked.
Once you have carefully taken the cooked biscuits out the oven its time to dehydrate.
With the temperate of 70°c set and a timer of 8 hours they are ready to be left to work there magic.
Once dehydration is complete, take biscuits out to cool and then put into an airtight container/bag.
*Note: this is what we did. Your cooking times may vary. Please check your dogs allergies & intolerances before using any ingredients.
Also make sure you take care when using any hot appliances.